- FabJob.com and its parent company, FabJob Inc., keep your personal information private. We do not share your customer information with other companies.
- You are free to give us as much or as little information as you wish. You do not have to provide any personal information to visit our website.
- If you order a product or service from us, we will contact you after sending your order only if you ask us to or to provide help with your order.
- If you want to receive our newsletter and discount offers, you must subscribe. If you subscribe you’ll hear from us an average of once a month and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- Almost half a million satisfied customers have safely ordered online from FabJob.com since 1999. Read more about us.
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as your name, email address, mailing address and credit card information. With your consent we may gather personal information from you over the telephone or by corresponding with you via mail, facsimile, the Internet, or from referrals by third parties such as your financial institution.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy is Governed by the Following Privacy Principles:
1. We are responsible for ensuring the privacy of the information you provide to us
FabJob is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is processed or stored directly by FabJob. We have employees in each of our business units who are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. We let you know why we collect your information
FabJob identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected.
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the Web site. If you choose to place an order or submit information to this Web site, you agree to the use of such data in accordance with this privacy statement. The site collects only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors. Such information may consist of, but is not limited to, your name, address and email address. We do not seek, nor do we wish to receive, sensitive information (e.g., data relating to race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation) from visitors.
Please note that this site and e-book versions of our publications contain links to other web sites, over which FabJob has no control and, which may not be governed by this privacy statement.
3. We limit collection of your personal information
Personal information is used only for limited purposes. For example, when you order one of our products through our Web site or request future communications about FabJob areas of interest, such as specific FabJob publications or marketing campaigns, we may use the information you submit to create a personal profile to customize our response to further requests or inquiries. We may also use the information to personalize your Web site experience. In addition, the webmasters may, where necessary, use your information for various site related tasks.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
- Protecting against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Recommending products and services that FabJob believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- To comply with legal and governmental requirements
We will ensure that our marketing activities comply with applicable law, and implement procedures to obtain necessary consents before sending you email containing information about FabJob service offerings. FabJob will collect personal information only by clear, fair and lawful means. You may at any time request that we discontinue sending you such materials.
We use a “cookie” to facilitate improved navigation within the site. The cookie expires 24 hours after the visitor leaves the Web site. Cookies are small text files stored in a user’s browser. If you are concerned about cookies and do not wish to receive them, you may set your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can then decide to either accept or reject it. However, under specific circumstances, visitors may be denied access to some parts of our site if their browsers reject cookies.
4. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
FabJob obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
- FabJob will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal information such as financial information.
- FabJob will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
- a customer relationship already exists
- express consent has previously been given
- where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
FabJob uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. FabJob does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
FabJob retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by contractual, federal and provincial laws.
Where appropriate, personal information may be disclosed to law enforcement, regulatory or other government agencies, or third parties where necessary or desirable to comply with contractual, legal or regulatory obligations or requests.
Anyone who orders a product or service then attempts to do a chargeback ceases to be a customer of FabJob.com. Fraudulent chargebacks may be turned over to a law enforcement or collection agency.
6. We keep your personal information up to date and accurate
FabJob keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. You can amend your details at any time by contacting the FabJob Privacy Officer by using the form at the bottom of this page.
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for FabJob
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection and database encryption,
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information.
8. We are open about our privacy and security policies
9. We provide you access to your personal information stored by FabJob
You can request access to your personal information stored by FabJob. To contact the Privacy Officer use the form at the bottom of this page. Upon receiving such a request, FabJob will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy
FabJob responds in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and procedures.
Children’s Privacy Protection
How to Contact Us
If you have further questions, you may contact the FabJob Privacy Officer in one of these ways:
- by email using the form on our contact page
- by leaving a message at 1-403-873-1018
- by mail to FabJob, 167 Midland Place S.E., Calgary, Alberta T2X 1N1