The guide covers topics of vital importance to anyone who wants to become a professional organizer including:
How to Organize
- The steps involved in organizing, beginning with assessing the situation or problem
- Deciding whether a possession is a treasure, tool, toy or trash
- How to organize individuals, including getting paid to help people with:
- Determining their priorities
- Time management
- How to organize homes, including:
- Furniture placement
- Dealing with clutter
- Storage solutions
- How to organize each area of the home:
- Bedroom organizing
- Family and living room organizing
- Bathroom organizing
- Dining room organizing
- Kitchen organizing
- Home office organizing
- Closet organizing
- Laundry room organizing
- Garage organizing
- Attic and basement organizing
- How to organize businesses, including:
- Identifying waste (business systems that are wasting time or money)
- Organizing workspaces (e.g. determining where the desk and equipment should be placed to increase productivity)
- Developing systems for handling data such as email and databases
- Developing filing systems to control paperwork
- Helping companies develop systems for project management
Starting a Professional Organizing Business
- How to start a professional organizing business with little or no money
- Information about business matters affecting professional organizers such as setting up a home office, licenses, insurance, etc.
- How to decide on a name for your professional organizing business
- Identifying potential clients for your professional organizing business
- Pricing your services, with answers to questions you may have, including:
- What is an average hourly rate for professional organizers?
- Should I charge a project fee?
- Should I charge different amounts for consulting and hands-on organizing work?
- Should I offer a free consultation?
- Who pays for the supplies my clients need?
- Who pays for traveling costs?
- Can I charge a deposit?
- When and how should I get paid?
- What you need to know about preparing proposals for professional organizing work
- How to market your services to individuals and corporations
- Helpful samples (such as what to say when talking with a prospective client of your professional organizing business, sample contract, sample invoice, and more)
PLUS, you will discover:
- How to increase your income by presenting organizing seminars or publishing a booklet of organizing tips
- Valuable resources for professional organizers (including links to associations and publications)
- How to develop the professional organizing skills that clients are looking for
- An overview of organizing specializations to help you decide what type of professional organizer to be
- Sample forms and worksheets to use with organizing clients including:
- Sample task planning worksheets
- Sample time activity log
- Sample personal organizational assessment
- Sample workplace organizational assessment
- Home organizing tools including a sample room analysis form
- Samples of what you need to launch your professional organizing business, including:
- Sample rate sheet for professional organizing services
- Sample invoice for a professional organizing business
- Sample script for talking to prospective clients of your professional organizing business
- Sample contracts for an individual client or a corporate client
- Sample marketing materials, including a sample press release, organizing article and organizing tip for a booklet
- Sample template for doing a presentation
- Sample professional organizer client feedback form
- And more!
How to Order
This guide is available as an e-book which you can read on your computer at your convenience. The guide is also available as a print book which includes a CD with helpful samples. You can have the e-book within minutes. Ordering is fast, easy, and safe. Click the “ADD TO CART” button to get your guide now.
We are so confident that this guide can help you achieve your dreams, we will give you a refund if you decide within 30 days of purchase that you are not satisfied with the information contained in the guide. See our FAQ page for details.
Get a Professional Organizer Certificate and Earn More
Discover how you can get a Professional Organizer Certificate from the
International Association of Professions Career College (a division of FabJob)