The guide covers topics of vital importance to anyone interested in a career as a doula, including:
- Birth vs. postpartum care – which are you best suited for?
- How to train to become a doula (without going to school)
- Getting those first few births
- How to get certified (if you want to)
- Insider information about professional organizations you can join and learn from
- How to get hired by a doula agency
- How to get hired by a hospital or birth center
- How to find midwives to work with
- How to do well in an interview
- How to improve your odds of being hired
- Networking and mentoring
Setting Up Your Own Doula Business
- Business licensing, insurance, and taxes
- Protecting your name across state borders
- How to approach potential clients
- How much should you charge?
- Preparing an “Introduction to My Services” packet
- How to get clients to approach you!
PLUS, you will discover:
- Insider information about what doulas do
- Answers to such questions as:
- What are the two most important items you can bring to a birth?
- What are the fears of new and expectant parents?
- What if something goes wrong?
- What should you not say to a nursing mother?
- What is a key to getting referrals?
- Practical tools you need to work as a doula, including:
- Sample client information sheet
- Sample birth plan
- Sample contract
- Sample invoice
- Sample letter for third party reimbursement
- And more!
How to Order
This guide is an e-book which you will be able to read on your computer at your convenience. You can have the e-book within minutes. Ordering is fast, easy, and safe. Click the “ADD TO CART” button to get your guide now.
Bonus CD-ROM Also Available: If you would like to have a back-up or spare copy of the guide, you can have it on CD-ROM for only $5 more (plus shipping). You will also receive the e-book so you can read it immediately.
We are so confident that this guide can help you achieve your dreams, we will give you a refund if you decide within 30 days of purchase that you are not satisfied with the information contained in the guide. See our FAQ page for details.